Saturday, March 25, 2006

Home Again


Finally home again. In reality, I’ve been home for almost two weeks. But now, it really feels like I’m back. After a full week down in Silicon Valley, a short weekend at home, I flew back down for some wrap-up work for a Monday and Tuesday. Then, for the last almost two weeks, I’ve been catching up with other clients and projects plus tackling five of the 34 property reports for Silicon Valley. All of these properties had “issues,” either historical on-site releases or contamination from off-site. I had to wade through a stack of prior reports and documents in order to glean relevant information and flag the “red flags.” We’ll be back for some Phase II soil and groundwater investigation on several of the properties.

Over the last week I’ve been at my desk until 11 or 12 at night, reviewing documents, reports, maps, photographs, and hammering out reports. I finally wrapped up late last night. My ass hurts and I’m exhausted. But it’s good to be home this weekend. The crocuses are fading and the daffodils are peaking. Spring is here in the beautiful Northwest. Spring weeds are here, too. I’m looking forward to pulling them. I’m home.

“Home, home again.
I like to be here when I can.
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.”

Breathe (reprise) – Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of the Moon

No comments: